View Single Post
# 110 04-11-2005 , 02:45 PM
Subscriber
Maybe 'slagging off' wasn't the right thing to say, I apologise for that. Its just that for ages, us here at MPC have been trying to change this attitude to the good old 'entry level' matchmove position, and sometimes it just doesn't help when people in your position say things like 'trust me, you don't want to be doing tracking', or the like. I do understand why you don't want to do it, and why some people might not want to because it doesn't sound as glamorous as being, say, a TD. All I suppose I was really trying to say is that being in either the film, games, 3D industry, its team work, and every position is as valuable as the next, whether you are a matchmove artist, runner, render wrangler or vfx supervisor. I just felt that your comments about these 'entry' (not just matchmove) positions made them sound like they were not important, like you should just do them to get into the industry without caring about them.

Enough about this anyway, I think I've satisfied my point. Hows X3 going anyway, I'm working on that too at the mo, its cool :attn:

Hurry up with the new challenge, I want to actually finish one this time!!

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/