Thread: KING KONG
View Single Post
# 10 03-12-2005 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
I think I must be the only person in the world who is NOT looking forward to this, and I absolutely refuse to go and see it! I have a couple of reasons for this that I'd like to share with you, just to see if anybody else shares my views.

1) It's another bloody remake. Most films nowadays seem to be either remakes of classics (which spoil the appeal of the original - The Ladykillers is a prime example), or are related to a video game. To me, neither of these have any appeal whatsoever.

2) It's a Peter Jackson film. Now, don't get me wrong - what he did with LOTR was incredible in the way it was made, but personally, I think the story is about the most boring thing I've ever come into contact with. The first LOTR film was the first time I've ever fallen asleep at a cinema. The second film was marginally less sleep-inducing, but the third film was the first time I've ever walked out of a cinema screening.
Other Peter Jackson films I've seen also bump up my dislike factor for his work.
The Frighteners was a pure load of rubbish, even though I like Michael J Fox. It was just plain boring. It's billed as a Horror/Comedy, but there was nothing comic in the whole film.
Braindead, on the other hand, was just sick, and I'm not even going to go into any more detail than that.

All in all, I've seen 5 Peter Jackson films, and have hated every single one of them, which, as I said, probably makes me the only person in the whole world that is not looking forward to King Kong.

Anybody else share my views?

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805