Thread: KING KONG
View Single Post
# 13 03-12-2005 , 09:30 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah I agree in a way with the fact its another remake, and yes The Ladykillers remake was absolute shite, how dare they remake that AlecGuiness one its one of my favourite all time movies for sure.

The original Kong is just excellent, I recall Pete Jackson saying how he made the Weta Team watch it before starting on this one, and how they laughed at the though of watching the 1933 version but were just awe inspired after watching it, I think the film will be just fantastic, the emotion conveyed in the latest clip is brilliant, and nothing is really going on, Kong has beaten the crap out of the T Rex and taken Ann Darrow to his place to watch the sunset. Top Man!! I think realistically it will be one of the best films we are gonna see - remake or not. I guarentee you will most likely cry at the end.

For those who are going to compare it to LOTR trilogy, get real, as its a different kettle of fish altogether, it would be like comparing Gone With the Wind against Spidey.

Lisa: Yeah Jack Black, I was unsure too as hes more renowned for his comedy acting but I think judging by his performance on the trailer and documentry stuff we could be in for a surprise. So...

Cheers peeps
Jay