Thread: try at 3Ds Max
View Single Post
# 6 03-01-2006 , 07:45 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mc-fleury
King Kong has been made in maya?

Yups :bandit:
If i'm not wrong , ALIAS has a partnership agreement with WETA digital.Since the early beginning around the year 1995, they've been using MAYA more and more. From Heavenly creatures until Kong.

Originally posted by pixelsoul
A tool is a tool... and if its xsi, maya or max doesn't really matter as long as you get the result.

That's the answer for which one I would add a vote user added image
Use what you like Mc-F. And don't really think one is for Games and the other for Films. They both can endorse thoroughly the tasks needed, with totally different workflows, disadvantages and advantages.
At a time, I was said that the choice was relative to the continent. Like XSI for ASIA, MAX for Europe and Maya for USA. But as you prolly will notice, it's mainly depending on productions studios CHOICE and nothing else. Some other tools are also used, lets not forget them. Maxon Cinema4D was used to produce "North Pole XPress", while the studios first thought about Maya, the production deadlines were exploded when they decided switching on C4D to increase productivity. So, you see, CHOICE. FF-The Spirits Within was fully produced with XSI I think. So, now, what will ya choose ? :attn:

I personaly switched C4D >> Maya, as I wanted the tool for VG production/integration (also because applying with C4D as main tool is a bit frustrating). And I must say here in Belgium, films are tought on MAX , and VG industry is tought on Maya (but in both cases, schools let students use the tool they prefer << and that's really intelligent isn't it ?).

Last edited by Pyrus; 03-01-2006 at 07:59 AM.