View Single Post
# 11 13-01-2006 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
I'd personally go with the best that you can afford. I'd definately suggest going with one of the gaming cards though, as they seem to be cheaper, with not a lot of difference from the pro cards.

I'm not a fanboy of either make. I'm just telling it like it is. In about 8 years of using NVidia cards, I have never had one single problem with them.

What card are you using at the moment?

What I tell my customers (I work in PC World), is that if you have had a good experience with a particular brand, go with that. If you have had a bad experience, go with the other type.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, jhubbard, as you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. You may have had problems with NVidia, but I have not, and I've never had need to try ATI. If at some point I did have problems with NVidia, I would probably switch. Also, why do you keep going on about mobo drivers? We are talking about graphics cards. Anyway, this is getting tiring. I'm not defending NVidia, and I'm not rubbishing ATI. I'm just passing on info that I have seen on the Lightwave forums: NVidia drivers handle OpenGL better than ATI drivers. As I said, I have no experience with ATI at all, so I cannot confirm this either way.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805