View Single Post
# 21 14-01-2006 , 03:01 AM
I'm still hangin' out in Maya. No Z-Action yet. I'm having too much fun cutting in new edges and tweaking verts!

Some Guy- Heres a bit more in depth explanation of the wire frame render. Keep in mind, this is just how I do it. There may be many other ways to go about it. This is just what I've come up with and stuck with for now:

First render the model how you want it using MR or Maya Software renderer. Save that image (I usually use TARGA). Now either don't move the camera or better yet bookmark the view (view>bookmarks).

Next I select what edges I want to have show in the render (or just select the whole object) and harden the normals.

In the attribute editor set the camera environment to white.

Open up render globals and select the vector renderer and make sure 'fill objects' is unchecked and 'include edges' is checked. Here you can also set the edge weight and color.

Render and save (Here I usually use TIFF).

In photoshop open both images and paste the wire frame over the other render and set the layer type to MULTIPLY. Now you can set transparency to taste!

There are so many variations you can achieve so above all experiment like a mad scientist and have fun!

Let me know any new tricks you discover!

Dave

opps ... image:
https://tenthchoir.com/warthog_104.jpg