View Single Post
# 5 03-02-2006 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
Well I think it is clear now to anyone on both sides of the water that the war in Iraq was not only started due to misinformation (some would go so far as to say lies) but I have no doubt that the major players had already made up their minds as to goto war.

Why do this? Well some may still say the dreaded word 'Weapons of Mass Destruction'. We now know that there is (and probably never was) any WMD's to be found.

Some might say to get rid of an evil dictator and bring democracy to Iraq. It is true that Saddam is a nasty guy who did horrid things not only to his own people but to neighbouring countries. The problem I have with that one is two fold. For one that was not the reason we were told in the first place. You can't change the reason half way through just because the first reason turned out to be a lie and secondly there are far worse dictators in the world than Saddam. People like Robert Mugabe or even the ruling house of Saudi Arabia.

I have my own reasons but would be interested in hear the opinions of other first.

As for painting the plane, you would have to laugh if it wasn't so serious. With the news of the 100'th British death in Iraq ringing in my ears to have to wonder how they can be so candid about the prospect of war and the loss of human life.

Anyway, if you liked that you'll love this

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog