View Single Post
# 36 16-02-2006 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber
hey Jay, Where money is concerned the wife doesn't mind Maya at all, I think all Asians are well versed in the benefits of taking care of the cents and the dollars take care of them selves (that is a positive.) As a matter of fact as long as I'm happy (and she is treated with respect) she doesn't mind what I do. (While she is away that is) As I said she is In Japan and I haven't seen her for 20 months, (although there is an e-mail from her amongst this mornings mail). As some-one said (don't mean to be rude just can't be bothered going back through the mail at the moment, actually I don't know how, I'm new to this) long distance relationships are a killer and I suspect physically harmful, hence the girl friends and my wife's understanding of them (the amazing thing about the Japanese is they are so realistic and practical, not at all submissive as the world generally suspects) she knows it will happen anyway, for god's sake I'm only human and 20 months and still counting is a long time.
It's the girlfriends who don't like the computer, they wouldn't know Maya if it dropped on there (double major) film and creative writing at uni (mid-life crisis led me there) just a struggling student and so I have to scrounge up work where i can. One of the main reasons I have this compulsive Maya addiction is money. It is so rare here that any-one knows anything about Maya except for the NAME I was hoping to make a few bucks on titles or something. Get a placement this year through uni into one of the production houses because as far as Uni is concerned; I'm the only one there who knows what a z coordinate is (well maybe that's an exaggeration), none of the lecturer's have touched it, they all know it takes years of compulsive dedication.
I was hoping to get into the SFX race here in Adelaide, but as with any musical instrument or any art, Maya takes years. Actually discovering 'Simple Maya' has doubled my knowledge in about two weeks (again another slight exaggeration.)
Great to hear you are happily married I don't think life gets better than that, unless one becomes a Jedi Maya Master;head bang:
Which leads me to the question; if one had to make a choice between Maya and the wife, which ways does it swing?:user added image