View Single Post
# 32 21-02-2006 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
What a fantastic breath of fresh air.

You have put substance to some interesting points.

Firstly, as an Englishman with a genuine worry over the environment you must understand that my concern over the oil sands is not a reflection on the people of Canada. Personally I have always found the people of Canada I have come into contact with to be understanding and patient people who seam to care for the beautiful country in which they live. I understand that we live in an oil addicted world, but it saddens me than in a world of such technology it seams madness that we can't use that to find a better way in light if the problems we are starting to face. Anyway, I have spent many a day along those lines with no success.

I totally agree with your points on Islam. I would like to say that these acts of violence and murder are the results of people who do not represent the religion as a whole. Like the bad press English football fans have acquired over the years. However the shear number of the protests and the spread of them forces me to re-thing. I fear that the distance between the Islam world and the corporate world. Between religious extremism and overt liberalism is getting bigger and bigger. A neutral ground has to be found if we are to coexist.

I do not believe all is lost as there are a large number of people walking in the right direction, I just hope that more people start following them.

Nice to hear that someone so far away has (if only a minor connection) with the good ole town of Colchester. Football team is doing very well I might add user added image

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog