Thread: BMW M3 CSL
View Single Post
# 73 28-02-2006 , 05:11 PM

Originally posted by dilberts
Sorry, no updates. My day job takes up most of my time, so playing with Maya is a luxury.

I'll be doing the rear end next, and then all the smaller details like lights, mirrors etc. and then finally a basic interior. Just enough to make an external render look real (probably seats, dash, and a steering wheel). The car is floating as I didn't turn on the raytraced shadows on my area light to save on the render time.

By the way, I have a question. Anyone have any opinions on other modeling software, specifically for highly accurate NURBs surfaces. Maya just doesn't seem accurate enough with surface tangency with NURBs for professional product visualization. I wonder if anyone has played with Studio Tools, or maybe Rhino? Whatever suggestions anyone has, the software would have to be able to export to Maya for rendering, as I don't want to learn a whole new render package like V-Ray for instance.

Also, anyone know how much Studio Tools costs? None of the authorized resellers publish their prices online?

I think that Alias offers some solutoins for industrial design...

https://www.alias.com/glb/eng/product...ductId=1800007

I think its compatible with CAD graphic system...

Check on discreet's web page 4 theirs solutions!