View Single Post
# 106 01-03-2006 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
At uni I'm always sniffing around the Asian girls and a couple of times I got lucky, the latest Korean girl uses Max ,the Korean girl before her used cinema 4D (actually the girl before, they don't swarm around me, , they like English speaking boyfriends, they want to learn English, and i like Asian women for a purely aesthetic reason, they're actually shaped like women, the isofarms are all in the right place). so, two out of two ain't bad, I mean two women from Korea both used 3D apps and were involved in film. One was studying nursing?? She dropped me as soon as she saw my house, well, two days later (lightning fast relationship, probably happen this time too, the only place to sit besides next to the computer is on the bed, maybe they get the correct impression). I think she was looking for a doctor, (hence nursing??) not a struggling,,? well, just struggling Maya user who barely knows an isofarm from a hull.

But, 3D must be big there in Korea, on that average, 2 out of 2 women, or it just may well be coincidence. One girl (the nurse) worked on a children's show, I think she did titles? The latest girl, I'm not too sure how Max integrates into her life. I'll be putting in a bit more research into this subject. They know of Maya as if its the grail.

at one stage the Korean government, such as it is, encouraged the film industry because, due to the lack of natural resources it thought it could pull in money with the film industry and so heaps of movies came out. I think even there was a quota of movies that had to be watched each year be each person, don't quote me on that, it might be China or it might be me confusing the subject, but the point is film was pushed as a a big industry. They made basically crap. I've got about 300 Korean movies here (I studied Asian cinema) and they are 99% crap, full of drama and explicit sex. I like Asian movies, but this is the weirdest hybrid of Hollywood meets B grade I have ever seen. Ironically they hate Hollywood and America, but it's the most Hollywood standard of movie making in Asia. Character driven, where most Asian movies are driven by dynamics in sound, action, timing, extreme long shots of long duration where nothing might happen for 5 minutes and then a sudden explosion of emotion (eg; Kitano directing 'Dolls'). Cuts that might last fractions of seconds to cuts that have the the film slowed down in the middle of a sword scene to emphasise the point (literally)example 'Heroes' with Jet Li, Maggie Chang, Tony Leung). That would never happen in Hollywood (traditionally that is but maybe the independents are nto it lately, Tarantino was beaten with non-linear structure 50 years ago in Japan by Mizoguchi, but Tarantino is considered the guy who was the first to put the end of a movie at the beginning; 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Dogs'), but I digress.

It might be interesting to compare 3D models of women from Japan to 3D models made in the west. As on the other post, jay was mentioning we see what we want to see rather than what's there, so I wonder what the difference in shapes might be and where. An example is in Japan the neck is considered extremely sexy, well the line of the neck from the back. Is that what they call the nape of the neck. Anyway, good luck hunting lads, remember, Korean.., talk about film and your nearly there.

but agin, I digress...:shakehead :rant: user added image

take it easy and life will be easy