View Single Post
# 3 01-03-2006 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
Thanks skywola,
This is a great tutorial, but I have a few questions. First, considering that you gave me a tutorial on the new window command, and how to create a button inside of it, I am assuming that you are saying that I could not do this in the "promptDialog" command? Yo do realize my original question was asking if it could be done in the promptDialog command?

Anywho, if it is true that it can't be done in the promptDialog command, and I do it by creating a new window, then how could I make the button know if text is entered in the text field or not?

For example, here is a rough diagram of what I want in my window...

[pre]
-----------------------------------
| |
| Enter Name: |
| ------------------------------ |
| | | |
| ------------------------------ |
| |
| ----------- ------------ |
| | OK | | Cancle | |
| ----------- ------------ |

Now if there is no text in the "Enter Name:", then I want the "OK" button to be disabled. However as soon as the user starts typing into the text field, I want the button become enabled. Now, in the tutorial that you have provided, I see how I just set the enable flag to 0 when I want the button to be grayed out and set the enable flag to 1 when I want the button to be not grayed out. However, I how do I make the button know if there is text in the "Enter Name:" field?

Last edited by junkyBob; 01-03-2006 at 05:56 PM.