View Single Post
# 3 18-03-2006 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber
I'm glad you said that, that's how I feel exactly on all fronts. Never before have I felt like this; I used ti teach guitar and was happy to show people tricks that took two years to discover and ten minutes to show. I figured it was OK and it was what they did with the knowledge; yo can take a horse to water but you can't make him play guitar...? well you know what I mean.

Maya is a tough learning curve; incredibly intimidating and i can see my self having to make a decision as to what area i should concentrate on or I will be doing odds and ends on Maya forever that amount to nothing.

I might end up just trying to incorporate it into footage as photorealistic SPX, one fellow simply maya person suggested a CG potplant as the nutruel character of a movie (an example) which I thought a great way to use what limited abilities I have.

The other thing is, while these production houses are calling CG guys snobs, they look pretty snobby themselves. It really is about who you know and i find at times having to throw names around just to be looked at and I hate that.

take it easy and life will be easy