Thread: Short Animation
View Single Post
# 32 24-03-2006 , 12:21 PM
Velusion

I created the skeleton using a tutorial as guidance, obviously adjusting it to suit my needs. The tutorial is in the Learning Maya 6 Character Rigging and Animation book. The eyes are constrained to two locators that are grouped together. this enables each eye to move independantly as well as together. The eyes are also grouped together and this, along with the constraint group, is parented to the skull joint. This way the eyes always move with the head. The extra joint above the back root is used as the base of splineIK and always controls of rotation in the pelvis and allows the back to twist without affecting the legs. The extra joints protruding from the hips were created to move the pouches on the character's belt. On the subject of ribs, I usually don't bother but in this case it provided a nice definition and allowed me to keep the structure of the characters chest and abdomen.

Happymat

Thanks man, my only problem is that I don't think i have enough work to satisfy my lecturers at the moment, oh well, i'll see if i can blag it through. The final assessment is at the end of may so this is only an interim.

Also, i took a break from modelling to create a fun little pose. Possibly an idea for an advertising poster with the background being replaced with the diamond case in the museum.

user added image

Large version can be found here