View Single Post
# 6 11-05-2006 , 05:04 AM
First of all, thank you ! I just learned something new that will be very helpful for doing things like eyelid blinks user added image

OK.
You have 2 blend targets and one base shape. You select the 2 blend targets then you select the base shape and set up the blendshapes as usually BUT you make sure you have the "in-between" box checked. This way the blend targets will cycle through in series. the first blend target you originally selected will happen first then the second one.

NOW you want to add another blend target as an inbetween and you want to put it between the first one and the second one that you originally set up.... Since the inbetweens work in series, the first one has to finish before the second one begins. They don't overlap. The first one will go from 0 to .5 . That's its in-between weight. The second one that you originally set up goes from .501 to 1. If you want to insert a new in-between, you have to give it a unique in-between weight. .5 is already taken by the first blend target that you set up. 1 is already taken by the second one that you set up. That means that your new in-between has to be between 0 and 1 but it can not be 1 or .5. Also, remember that in-betweens happen in series; one right after the next. They don't blend together. So, if you give your new in-between a weight of, say, .7 then the first blend target will happen from 0 to .5. The new in-between that you just added will happen from .501 to .7 and the second blend target that you originally set up will happen from .701 to 1. Pretty simple.

You shouldn't have to mess with the "specify node" check box. That has to do with turning parallel blends into inbetween (I think)

The thing were you have to fill in the target index. It's hard to explain but in your case I think you need to put a 1.

The only thing I haven't figured out tonight is how to chance the in-between weights once you set them up. I think you can paint new weight onto the base shape but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyway, that's what I figured out so far.

OH yeah. One more thing; you can always just delete your blendshape node and start over. Right next to the blendshape slider there is a button that says "delete"... Just delete the blendshape then select your targets and base shape again and set up the in-betweens with the new one included in the group.....