View Single Post
# 1 25-05-2006 , 10:04 AM

Walkerman of the future

I have been at the Walkerman project for a long time now, (about three years total) and it has been constantly expanding and improving. I am expecting that within about a month or so to have completed the bird that I have been working on as probably the last addition to the program. The bird will have plenty of features to allow someone to create a realistic bird, from being able to adjust how the feathers on the edge of the wing bend to controlling the bird's legs in take-off and landing positions.

After completing the bird, I am probably going to stop the project unless I come up with or get a good idea on possible improvements, besides the fact that it would be great to finally make use of the program.

It was my intention when I started the original project to create a MEL program that would allow someone to be able to create animations very rapidly, without monkeying around with all the IK and other crap that takes forever to set up. I think I have succeeded in that. Judging by the number of downloads, it looks like it has found its place in the 3D world.

I am planning on getting back into actual animation now that this project is nearing completion. I have a funny story that I wrote that I am planning on making into an animation short. (or maybe long if I can think up more for it)

One of the other ideas that I happened to think of, was creating a program that would read a MIDI file, and then animate a musician to play an instrument based on the MIDI information. At present though, I am just not willing to sacrifice that much of my time to such a project . . :zzz: it would be very time consuming. Maybe someone else interested in MEL and C++ might be willing to take it up. . . .

Anyway, Walkerman version 1.2 is now out, which includes the Centaur!

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 25-05-2006 at 11:52 AM.