View Single Post
# 12 27-05-2006 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
i'm new and i noticed in is erm kurt the new guy that makes a lot of tutorials

some times the 1st time you use a tool he makes sure all the options are set the correct way

other times he just goes ahead and i get something diffrent not radicaly and can be fixed but a few things i realy had to hunt for for how to change...

the way kurt selects thing im still not sure off im sure its a key shortvut but im still clicking each face or verticies indvidualy where as he can select something in a second!
the only other way i know is shift click drag select which is sometimes unweildy...
also joints my joint came out huge by default where as kurts where small spindals in comparision....

its also good to say why your leaving something for latter rather then just saying we will come back to this is chapter 9
as sometime if thought the instructor was just being nit picky and over perfection at 1st
as this was my 1st character i wanted something to look at fairly soon and if its somethign seem to time consucimg the 1st tiem i might skip it onyl to find it its important and harder to change it back latter on....

Think i skimpped on my stitching (seletions were driving me mad)which mad my uv mapping quite hard latter and also some of the jiont painteing if things where nto quite as straight as the tutorial guys.

but then i learning alot form my mistakes im loveing learning so far..

Place your bets to see if i will stick it out!

-----------I need to learn maya quickly!