Thread: Baby's head
View Single Post
# 30 07-08-2006 , 07:25 PM
Subscriber
The issue with the eyebrows is right on the money, i played quite a bit to try to get the right density to it, and try to unsuccesfully simulate the fading using "custom equilizer maps". I did not think of fading the color to achive that effect, very good idea...i'll have to try that (perhaps mapping the opacity might also do the trick...). The good new is that I played with the lighting and amazing how changing the spot light (the main source light) to an area light completely changed the look. I'll post an image tonight but i am very pleased how the eyes really come out, as well as how much softer the eyebrows appear. My only issue with using area lights is that the shadows have some artifacts forcing me to crank up the number of rays coming out of the area light making rendering about 3-4 times longer than when using the spot light. I am using something like 55 rays...which is huge compared to the 15 i was using with the spot light, and the artifacts are still not completely gone (I'll have to go even higher to 60-70 rays). Not sure if there is a way to blurr the shadow to eliminate those artifacts without having to increase the number of rays...Any ideas?