View Single Post
# 14 08-08-2006 , 03:29 PM
I've had to switch between poly proxy and standard mode all the way through this. To delete edges, extrude faces you have to be in polygon mode, then to patially or fully crease or add more verticy detail you have to be in standard mode. Poly mode doesn't make things any quicker on my pc. Changing to poly mode takes forever, might crash my machine odd times as well. When it is finally in poly mode the base sub-d mesh is still there causing all the lag. The only way to really make things quicker is to actually convert this to real polys, but of course i lose all the sub-d detal i've worked so hard for unless i want to convert to a billion polys, then i can't convert back to sub-d with the small base of polys. Am i missing something here guy's, it is distinctly possible lol?

This refference for the creature differs in allot of aspects from the actual movie creature, so my model differs from the action figure and the movie version as well. Took my own artistic licence with more than a few things. Note on the action figure how the paws are even higher than mine, and in the movie he was practically on his toes. But on the whole i agree, and i want to position the creature differently when and if i have it rigged.

They had a guy in a suit in the movie, so the form is way to humanoid. That's why they hid the creature allot from full body scenes.

user added imageuser added image

Last edited by Dreamstate; 08-08-2006 at 03:43 PM.