View Single Post
# 7 28-08-2006 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber
I can't understand that these comments are so negative about the new version of Maya. I am new to the program, spent like 2 1/2 weeks on PLE 7 and now already bout a week on 8. I can assure you there are enough changes in the new version, even Jay admids that. I am used to work with advanced programs like FCP, Shake, AE, Motion, etc. So I'm not a complete idiot in learning advanced programs. For Maya however I'm only covering modeling for now so I can't give you a more detailed view on animation and texturing in Maya 8 but as far as the modelling goes, the features have improved and are quite logic. Of course, with a yearslong experience it might be harder to learn/accept these changes. And yes there are a few bugs around apparently, like the extrude function wich snaps to center grid instead of center pivot -not always though-, but these thing have workarounds.
Also the tread about the logo... gimme a break, it's a logo guys! I really don't think that the engineers from Autodesk and Alias are batteling about that...

Anyhow, I do have Maya 8 and I like it. (so far....)
;-)

Gr.
M.

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !