View Single Post
# 3 24-09-2006 , 09:07 PM
I was searching Google for character design (I want to make games one day) and it came up with this design from Namco or something along with a lot of pages of what the designer was thinking and why he made this so and so. At the bottom, there were many comments saying that it was sexist.

It was some awful design of a girl in an outfit holding a metal pipe in a strange looking pose (I suspect its meant to look appealing). Not the first time I've seen stuff like that, but it makes you wonder wether there are people sad enough to play it. I haven't pursued game development for a while so everything to me looks a lot more overdone than it was the last time I looked. Lost the link though - my box crashed so no history on HD.

Also on the subject, anyone remember StarCraft Ghost? It was fine until a Swinging Apes took over and they just trashed everything: Lead Art guy – ‘hey lets give Nova a semi transparent outfit’. I'm a big fan of SC so that ticked me off a bit – especially when they cancelled it. Probably for the best.

On the subject of games these days, when was the last time you ever played a game that has an ounce of logic in it? I stopped looking a long time ago.