View Single Post
# 11 27-09-2006 , 04:07 PM
Does everyone really think I'm Senator Tommy Kilby in disguise? LOL!

R@nSiD: 'If you want controversy in Gaming look at the amount of stick Rockstar have to take for every edition of GTA, Manhunter, The Warriors etc...'

I have absolutely no problems with Rockstar Games and what they are doing. They have good reasons for what they are doing and I support them fully. In fact, I think that they are leading the charge for this content to be in the mainstream, which can result in so many more possibilities when it comes to making games and such (if censors had their way, we would all be playing Box Stacker, the only game not to mess with your child's head), lol.

R@nSiD: 'All I can say is its the reason why games and films are rated. Some films are the same, its a story, its not real, its fiction. NOT fact. Its about escapism. Remeber different cultures will view
things in different ways, this goes for regilion too.'

I did not say censor anything - censors suck (most of the time). If someone got hit with a .50 cal, the realistic way to represent that in a game is to use a lot of red pixels. Lots and lots and lots of them. And anyway, fiction can be pretty realistic.

R@nSiD: 'Its those who feel they should judge and not accept things as they are. Whether it is moral or not is a question for someone else, as long as it entertains and is rated correctly. People moan about contents of films and games, but if a parent is daft enough to expose there children to it, who is to blaim. Those who make and distribute the game or film or those who allow the people in their charge or care to view something they shouldn't?'

Well, its just my opinion that with outragously exaggerated and rather silly characters being the norm these days, its not very entertaining. But thats just my opinion.

And really, why do people associate games with children? Its very stupid and its also stereotyping! Most games are played by adults or teens who know that its a game. And I doubt that young children can understand the stories of some games. Sure, those current affair shows always have some shocking tale to tell, but then, thier contents are 99% imagination.

R@nSiD: 'Its all about the blaim culture. This goes for the use of Sex, Drugs, violence or language in any industry.'

I think I'm being misunderstood. My point is that we need more realism. Foul language (very appropriate when your PSU catches on fire), sex, violence is all pretty real. Stereotypes and sexism? Not real. Anyone heard of KC? If you do, you would know what I mean.

Last edited by The Architect; 27-09-2006 at 04:13 PM.