View Single Post
# 15 27-09-2006 , 06:12 PM
Senior Software Developer
I'm not saying realism is wrong. But...

It has to be handled carefully and set correctly to its audience. Its something the Entertainment Industry has had to deal with for decades and will have to for decades to come. For gaming this is relatively new and I feel that with the massive advances in technology with characters and environments becoming more real, some sections of society are having issues dealing with it.

You have taken my post quite negatively, it might be written that way, but I do fully support what the games industry is doing. I feel, however, they tread a finer line as they don't have the same power as Hollywood (yet), more "groups" seem to get involved in giving gaming a bad name.

Im 34 now and have been playing games since I was 12. Thats 22 years and there will be another 42 years to come, and maybe I will get a job making them (I hope). I find it the best way to escape. Do things I know I can't in the real world. Currently I am back playing HL2 and GTA:SA & waitng for GTA: VC Stories for the PSP.

Censorship is needed IMHO, without it my son would be open to situations, images and video footage I know he is not prepared to deal with. Censorship is there for the protection of others and to cover the producers ass user added image,

How do you think Rockstar can tell the moaners to shut up:

"ITS AN 18 CERT AND YOU LET YOUR 12 YR OLD PLAY IT AND NOW YOU BLAIM US FOR HIM KILLING EVERYONE IN HIS SCHOOL WITH A FLAME THOWER",

I hear them cry. LOL.

Its great to get the different options of others on subjects like this as everyone has a view.

Speak up People :attn:

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

Last edited by R@nSiD; 27-09-2006 at 06:19 PM.