Thread: Roman heads
View Single Post
# 60 06-10-2006 , 12:55 PM
Steve - cheers user added image earlier in the thread there's a cap I made out of the basic head shape. I basically made the cap with circles radiating around the crown and tried to follow where the hair dipped in and out of the head. I then traced lines from the outer edge back to the crown to get the hair flow. After that it was just a case of cutting a line on either side of the trace, pulling the central line in and then cutting and pulling out raised areas between those areas. The front of the hair was positioned first and then all the left hand side of the head. Then about 2/3rds of that side was duplicated to the right and the lines altered so that they flowed to the right and attached to the front. Finally I just grabbed groups of edges and verts and pulled them about a bit so the right side didnt look exactly like the left.
It was time consuming and not the best way to do it but its experience user added image

Jay - cheers user added image hair is as you said, a bit of an interesting one. Dont know whether its possible but I'd think a bumpmap converted to geometry and finished off would be a far faster way of doing it. Or alternatively getting zbrush which is getting even more tempting after seeing how you're progressing with it...

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net