View Single Post
# 8 19-10-2006 , 04:15 AM
Subscriber
okay the reason you are getting 9 fingers is because you have two or three fingers on one hand .... i dont know how you came up with that ..look at the picture ..i deleted a top face and it should have been hollow ..and it had another face ? okay and i deleted that one and another one was there ...i finally deleted the third and found the bottom. I would chekc to see if in maya you have under

polygons>tool options> keep faces together check .

make sure that is always check when working ...saves you alot of trouble later

I would just delete your whole hand at where i put it in purple and create the hand all over ..make sure you delete whole hand ...

anymore questions I would be glad to help ..if you dont understand please let me know and I or someone else can help ...

hope you can see the picture and understand

the green spray paint is top face ....top layer ..then i deleted it ..and then came the other face ..which should not be there ..it should be empty...hence the red spray paint on another one that should be gone. It is done on all hands as i tried to show .

see how the pink goes all the way down when i delete the top one ...that is how it should be ..you should see the bottom of the finger

i am positive you didnt have keep faces together when you first created the fingers ...you extruded and that is what happen .... so try it again ...

Attached Thumbnails