View Single Post
# 10 13-12-2006 , 11:21 PM
Well, you may get some issues with that gfx card. You should check around the net to see if it is compatible/qualified. If this rig is gonna be for gaming, then stick with at least an nVidia GeForce 7800GTX. If it is strictly for Maya and the like, then get either a nVidia Quadro or ATi FireGL card. I have a 7800GTX, and it works with Maya pretty well, for the most part.

Great CPU, best value for the price. I think the E6600 is the best buy, cus the price jumps up to high for the E6700, and you're only getting .33GHz of an advantage for $200 more. Everything else is the same between them.

The mobo isn't bad, but I think I'd go with something a bit beefier, like the ASUS P5B Socket T P965Express, or the View Pic ASUS P5B Deluxe Socket T P965Express for SLi. From what I've seen, the P965 NorthBridge is just as good as 975, but a bit cheaper.

The Case is cool, but the PSU is only 450Watts. That will get you by, probably, if you're just running the basics. But, don't plan on running SLi or having a ton of storage, cus 450W won't handle it.

Great price on the optical drive.

For the RAM, brand is really preference, as there are a few good brands to choose from. Myself, I would get either the CORSAIR XMS2 TWIN2X2048-5400C4PT or the CORSAIR XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4. They are a bit more than the RAM you specified, but this stuff really rocks.

Other than that, I'd say go for it.

user added image

Eric Tacti
3D Artist