Thread: Maya for Mac
View Single Post
# 23 19-12-2006 , 08:27 PM
Well, one of the reason why I got antivirus for OS X, but no matter what - a virus for mac will be like 1 virus for mac, and 20000000 for PC. Actually I think theres a few mac vira out there allready, but they are not nearly as dangerous as the PC ones, not that I know anyway.

Nevertheless, that is not why I bought mac, my reason is no 2gb limit with memory handling, smooth hazzlefree OS, lovely design, powerfull machine. This is my first mac, but it will not be my last - infact if I should buy a computer again today I would chose mac without a doubt.

I got all the software I use on it - and some new ones, even the games I play run on it (world of warcraft, Unreal Tournament - etc.)

But hell, I wont force anyone to buy a mac, I can only say that I am so happy abut mine, and then its your choice if you wanna get one or stay on PC. If you one day decides to get one, I just hope you will be a fraction as happy as I am about mine.

Another thing, today at work we had a Maya scene that wouldnt render on our PCs - so we have to get hold of a mac, that can handle the 8.000.000 polys that we have to render. And basicly its more winXP's fault, and not the hardware because that is pretty similar.

Dont mistake me as a fanatic, cause I would use any OS/app if it gets the job done - I am just not narrowminded.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S