Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 50 07-02-2007 , 12:09 PM
Subscriber
huuuhuu, long time not been here, but on a topic like this I cannot resistuser added image

I've been using pc'S for 80 percent of my life, actually not knowing that macs exist. And even then I didn't realy like windows (how can one?) The only advantage windows has, is compatibility, that's it. And concerning me, whenever I needed a piece of software I was able to get it for mac as well.
Now, I've been working on an old ibook for three and a half years now. It is still running very well, I reinstalled the system once, but only because they brought out a new OS.
My college uses pc's, bought around the same time. they are much higher spec, graphics, memory and cpu wise, but wayyy slower. They crash a lot, you get useless updates, only thing they do is make things worse. When you try to "force quit" a programm it takes ages or the whole system crashes, an interface that looks as if it was designed by the "teletubbys" themselves etc... Windows is a notorious trash collector as well, uninstalling never works properly.
About the design, it'S not tha main factor and a lot of people might disagree, buuuut if you work in design and use the computer a lot, it does make a difference wether you have a grey noisily humming box on your desk, or something slik and quiet.

If you really like pc's thats fine, and I don't care what people use or not use, at the end of the day it is ones work that counts and how you achieve the best results.