Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 57 08-02-2007 , 08:46 AM
R@nSiD > 'On a techy basis the reason windows takes soo long to end a process that has crashed it that it writes a dumpfile for it, this is a feature of the kernal and is supposed to allow the OS to be more stable.'

Yeah, I knew that and I don't have that 'feature' enabled becuase I found out that it actually causes more problems as the writing of the dumpfile sometimes causes another crash thanks to the wonderful quaility of the code.

R@nSiD > 'remember its not the OS that causes these issues its the poorly written applications that do... MS are to blaim for this as the SDK's are not at a low enough level to stop these types of things.'

Microsoft seems to be the evil one here. They make a dodgy OS and make 90% of the world run it, locking the other software companies into making programs for it and then provide dodgy SDKs and that hideous .NET (I have to do that at school). Right now, after having wasted two hours today waiting for the school's Xeon server to recover after a crash with Windows Server 2003, anything UNIX like such as Mac OS or Linux seems pretty good to me.

farbtopf > 'what you are saying is exatly what I am talking about. It seems to be that you have to be some kind of computer expert to do a simple operation like quitting a program that is not responding.'

In my opinion its not that its a 'advanced' thing to do, its just that with most things in Windows, they are buried in a confusing splatter of dialog boxes, wizards, hidden somewhere that requires a full page of text just to describe how to get to it

farbtopf > 'yes, and they have feet and legs too and sometimes they just walk around the room...'

I wonder if they capable of 'dealing' with the competition like those furby like toys in one of the Simpsons episodes... user added image Lets buy a Mac and put it in a room with a copy of Vista. If Vista is torn to shreds the next day, consider my theory valid... user added image