Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 60 10-02-2007 , 07:03 AM
R@nSiD > 'Not true. Place XP on any box (thats is above recommended specs) and use it without installing a non MS Product. I guarantee it will not get any problems.'

I don't think so... Microsoft seems to crash on itself sometimes like with error report generation, automatic updates and stuff. Anyways, a box that has only Microsoft software on it seems pretty useless to me. Anyways, the design of Windows, the OS architecture and the quality of the coding isn't great. That seems to cause a lot of crashes and problems.

gster123 > 'As for school, college and uni computers I can guarantee they will be more prone to crash no matter what OS is on them as they get seriously abused.'

I was talking about the server that crashed, causing me not being able to access my VB .NET assignment on the network drive. Anyways, the servers locked up safefy in a dark room so it can't be abuses.

Your right about the computers in a school having more problems, they are treated very very badly. Our libarians like placing monitors over the cpu intake vent and our admin with a meagre (well its actually a lot but my idea of a basic computer is 5 grand) budget never puts in enough ram but too much demanding software resulting in horribly configured boxes.