View Single Post
# 58 12-03-2007 , 06:45 AM

Originally posted by papalatistudios
If there is a possibility that someone's model is going to fall apart/break during the process then that is not a very good design. And definitely not a wise investment. Obviously it costs money to do this, so why would you submit something that might not work? It doesnt cost money for you, but Mike is putting up the dough on this. So if you were in Mike's position would you pick something that might waste your money?

That's what pushed my vote away from goksi onto arran; in all honesty, I thought goksi's idea was very exotic, unique, and masterfully made, but what made me give the vote to arran was that this competition's "trophy" was to have the model made into a real-life sculpture, and goksi's model has quite a few bits that look like they might not hold together too well in a "printing process" (when this competition began, you all clicked on the link mtmckinley gave us, right? I'm not the only one who read it?)

If it were down to "A model for the sake of a model" competition, goksi would have had my vote, for sure!

(No offence arran! *cowers* Please don't hit me >_<)

(Edited to fix some typo's)

Last edited by severinianthony; 12-03-2007 at 06:54 AM.