View Single Post
# 1 22-03-2007 , 12:36 PM

HELP: 1st Maya experience...

Hi, I have been searching for a way of doing a page turning animation. I have used a little C4D in any 3d work ive done, but though my searching I found this tutorial for maya...

https://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutori..._of_the_month5

This is exactly what I have been trying to create and luckily they even provided a scene file to work from. It's my first time ever using Maya and im lost on a few points. It seems a lot more complicated than C4D.

Basically I want to do 3 things. The most important is to be able to apply 2 textures to the page. One on either side. If you look at the file from the tutorial, when the page turns, the back of the page is just the mirrored texture of the page. I need the back of the page to be a new page that I can have different content on. I have been searching tutorials on how to achieve this and got lost in 'Blinns' and nodes...

Secondly, I would like to map a seperate video to each whole page instead of a static image. Is this possible? Im sure it must be.

The final thing I want to achieve is to make each page 'landscape' view rather than portrait. The same height, just double or treble the width. All the page layouts i've designed have been landscape...!

This is all new to me and any help is really hugely appreciated. I'd be so grateful for any pointers.

Many thanks for reading this.

John.