Thread: Maya 8 config
View Single Post
# 1 25-03-2007 , 10:37 PM

Maya 8 config

Ok, so I am using Maya 8.0 on a windows XP Pro tower. The problem is that whenever I do anything it slows down my computer almost to a stall, the start menu does that blur effect as if the program is not responding, the CPU hits over 50%-90%, my ram drops like crazy. But its simple stuff, like a couple boxes with no texture, no animation, and preview quality rendering. I tried to paint trees and fire and what not using the actual paint tool, and that just killed my PC, but it is a new computer.

Here is the computers specs:

AMD athlon 64X2 4600+ Dule core CPU.
2.0GB of DDR2 800 ram (PC6200)
PCI ExpressX16 video card slot with a ATI Raideon X1950 PRO with 256MB GDDR3 video ram, a Serial ATA 3.0 250GB hard disk, 16X DVD +- RW Double Layer burner/reader.
19 Inch Widescrean LCD display, DVI out.
MS Windows XP Professional, legit copy I bought and registered.

System is defraged weekly, spyware/virus full system sweep weakly, or more. Does it matter on other system-specific variables such as virtual memory setup, or what memory is concentrating on? Such as programs vs. background processes? I have a friend who uses Maya 8.0 and has a much older computer that works better than my new one. Any thoughts, thanks!

Oh, P.S. I am a CompTIA A+, and Network+ certified
PC tech/ Network Tech, so I know how to keep my computer running well. So don't be afraid to be geeky with me! Would it be because of the ATI video card? would NVIDA be better?

Last edited by tenchidbz; 30-03-2007 at 09:38 AM.