View Single Post
# 12 27-03-2007 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
I'm going to have to speak words from the mouth of a great guy known as 'gauss' at the polycount forums.

"Don't fall in love with your first girlfriend." This seems to happen quite a bit with new modellers I reckon. You've built something and put so much time into it, you feel too attached to let anyone tell you shes ugly and that you need a new one. Well, she's ugly I'm afraid, and later on you'll see it. Really, the point of this place is taking the opinions of others who are more experienced than yourself, so that you can learn quicker right? Jay and others aren't trying to slap you down, they're pointing out huge flaws, which when you think about it is a pretty cool thing of them to do. It would be much funnier to let you progress and wait to see how bad it gets before you lose the will to live.

The best advice I can give you from here is something you won't want to hear I'm afraid. You should scrap it and start again. It'll take longer to sort out your mesh than it will to make a new one anyway and as with anything you're bound to do it 100% faster and better on the 2nd time around. Good luck.

Game art WIP - Speeder Bike
Game art WIP - Speeder Bike Rider
Game art WIP - Ornathopter!