Thread: agghhh
View Single Post
# 16 16-04-2007 , 07:21 PM

Originally posted by mirek03
...first model Ive had a serious go at in ages and I dont get past lesson 6?? words can not be used here about how I feel.., uni is tough and this is supposed to be relaxing (my whole life is tough.., poor me eh?? lol)

Stick to it and you will suceed. I have completed this but can't locate the final model. I may have inadvertantly deleted it when I was reorganizing my disks (eeeep!).

Actually, as I look at the cage it appears to me that the subd surface is fine. The subd surface will always shrink away from the polycage especially at the boundaries. If you make another extrusion you should see the surface at that point fill out more and match the source image. It may be that in the tutorial the instructor applied another extrude at that point (since it appears to be in the thigh extrusion process) and therefore the subd surface in the video at that point conforms more fully to the cage then yours because there is another extrude applied to that boundary edge.

Anyway, you are doing fine so far. I am looking forward to seeing the model develop.

Good luck!

Last edited by ctbram; 17-04-2007 at 04:20 AM.