View Single Post
# 10 06-05-2007 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Weyu

And well then there is the obvious, you should not make a movie that sets war as good or something you have to do. Go pacifism! user added image

yes ofcourse i would never promote war. heroism and courage was the main idea but I can see
how it might be misleading or how it might promote war in a way. and now that i look at it for
a second time, I cant say that there isnt a bit of guilt on my part. but looking
at the big picture I think its pretty minor compared to what we see nowadays.
I mean look at 300, it seems to me that the only way for a solution to the problem was by fighting warlike and killing the enemy. and instead of teaching mercy, or negotiation for peace you had leonidis kick off that black messanger into the pit and throw off all those persian soldiers off the cliffs when they were beggin for mercy. or look at most of todays video games. almost all of them are about how well you can shoot your enemy and kill people. i cant say its not entertaining but the message you get isn't very positive and its starting to be more towards the killing rather than the true idea behind it.