Thread: Male Head
View Single Post
# 62 12-06-2007 , 01:41 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Steve,

Yeah absolutely, the irony is that not that many have registered, but the hit count is doing VERY well. The whole thing is like 4 pages with 3 of those being the main story, and the hits are like 14,000 so far this month. Which for me is good. The end of last month shot up to over 24,000, and that was on the last two days or so. Someone likes it, though Im still trying to get it promoted on other sites right now as 3d comics are very rare and seldom done very well. So Im kind of on my own out there until it takes off. A lot of hard work still to come.

Check out www.thedreamlandchronicles.com its by a guy called Scott Sava. Its all 3d with nice renders, but the style has more of a cartoony feel to it. The guy has been around for a while and is well known in the comic industry. He was approached by Marvel to do a series of Spidey comics in 3d after the first movie came out. They did very well and sold loads, but I feel the style and rendering were a bit below par. Check it out on the aforementioned site, he should have a link there to his bluedream studios site.

Theres hope for me yet!!

Anyway enough about me LOL. Do, try and finish this model, I always consider it to be a waste of time otherwise. So many dudes on here jump from one to the next because of boredom. So it will be good to see this done. If you need any help on the SSS shader gimme a shout I have some good links and tutes on Setup for it. You wont be disappointed with it, it really is a good shader. Even in the standard MR renderer does a bang up job, you dont need to worry about FG, GI, BBC or channel 4 for it ya know LOL..anyways later

Cheers
Jay