View Single Post
# 64 14-07-2007 , 07:19 PM
Subscriber
Hi Steve,

this is one of the hardest models to crit or input anything constructively into, and to be honest I have no idea why that is. I can feel your agony on where to take it next which most likely is related to the difficulties of C&C it. Funky might be right on the money with it being stuck between two realms right now. Aquatic and man. I do believe it can be combined but perhaps one must be dominant over the other? I do feel it's important to push the symbol of a nose and the mouth and eyes into one direction or the other.

I would try really wild things at this point. Saving your work in a backup file so you have the security of not disrupting anything, and can always go back to. Don't be afraid to loose the details you already have because I think it hinders you in this process. You can always re-apply those you like into the new mess, or incorporate the new mess into what you already have. Does that make sense? It's not that what you have already is bad in any way. It just miss that extra 5-10% that gives it Ooompf.

I'm thinking go crazy. Do 5-10 different designs out of what you have here, and you might like some direction that you can incorporate. That's my only constructive thought at the moment. Conquer the fear of ruining what you have. Sometimes you have to destroy in order to create (philosophical mumbo jumbo I know user added image )

I would incorporate eyes very very soon too, as they are extremely important in all character design. They can be human or aquatic too and give lots of extra information to the viewer.

Hope my random thoughts is of any help. They are only meant to build you up and find a direction you are happy with.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy

Last edited by AlphaFlyte; 14-07-2007 at 07:32 PM.