View Single Post
# 65 14-07-2007 , 08:37 PM
Cheers guys.

Bruce, your right I added them using the snake hook tool in Z3, i'll probably build up the area round them to make it look like there coming out rarther than stuck on.

Your bang on the money AlphaFlyte, I need to go mad with it, its just gathering the ideas and then applying them, ive got some time off work in the next week or so, so I should have some time to play about with it and think of some new directions on where to take him.

Think I might try first off adding some texture to him, (bumpey scaley skin) in one file then go mad in another file adding lots of extras, kinda going over the top if you will, what I was thinking is to keep his more human form but add to that, hence the look so far, sorta mutating but not ott, as I said before I thought that the Pirated in Dead mans Chest were a bit ott and some, to me, looked like a jumbeled mess of sea bits.

Ive held back on the eyes as Im thinking of giving him one fish eye which will change the whole geo, not a problem as i'll just export out the low res mesh, re uv in maya, and then re import as a morph target, kinda like the look of this guys eye.

https://features.cgsociety.org/storie..._hery/im01.jpg

Ive made some custom alpha's that I can use for barnicles and weeds etc (as in his hat) so I might stick some of them in there, be a bugger to paint the textures though! LOL!!

All good fun!!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle