Thread: 2007 reel
View Single Post
# 10 20-09-2007 , 07:04 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Oke after watching the last reel the following things popped into my mind;
-I don't know if you are skilled at soundeffects but if you are i would replace the soundtrack or just lower the volume and add soundeffects into the reel, it will make your reel twice as good.
For example in the shot where wind blows the leaves out of the tree add a wind sound, when the kids riding his bike add that squeekie sound, when the kid plays basketball add a bounce sound etcetc.
-In the beginning you show your name twice, delete this part or move it further in the reel
-with the flagsimulation i think the camera zooms out to abruptly, begin zooming out slowly during the simulation.
-when you slowly zoom out let the blackground dissolve smoothly into the scene. the transition is to harsh at the moment.
-Scale up the flag(pole) it is to small (in height) in comparison with the surrounding.
-The house explosion looks fake, now my quess is that you had two pictures one intact house and one that's blown up.
And you replaced the first with the last covered by the explosion.
When an explosion like that occurs the house bulges a little before it explodes and when it explodes there's a lot more debri flying around.
-make some debri fly at the camera
- if you want to make it a bit more real then it is try using colorgrading
When you poor the fluid in the glass model something like a bottle to put it in some context.
-I like the idea of the kid jumping onto the platform on which he will transform to his t-posed brother, but when he changes from boy to man and the proces is reversed , let the man jump off the platform and continue the path that the kid set out.
- in the end you show the kid on the courtyard that you previously showed in the beginning i would combine those to scenes to get more of a whole.

Now i would'nt say the reel is bad, but it could be so much better.

And if you would only look at the good work people post on this site alone, i think you"ll agree with me that you should aim as high as you can in your work
Go for quality work not quantity that will come in time....user added image