Thread: 2007 reel
View Single Post
# 12 20-09-2007 , 12:50 PM
mastone- thanks for taking the time to write such an indepth critique....I really appreciate it...everything you said makes a lot of sense (and yes you are correct that i used 2 images for the explosion....). I wish I had finished my demo sooner and gotten your input..I really think with most of those changes my demo could have been a lot better.....unfortunately I'm leaving in 2 days for the ADAPT conferences in Montreal....so I'll have to make the changes after...

as for the sound I'm not too bad with sound effects, do you know where to get free/cheap sound effects?...i've already graduated from my school and i no longer have access to the librayr which had tons of cds of sound effects.....

again i want to thank you for your comments...i can already imagine what my demo COULD look like...with a few tweaks here and there

tweetytunes- thanks for your comments as well...i actually got very similar comments just the other day...and i've been thinking about it a lot more, and after having another person think the same thing i am almost certain that i will have to make a more "focused" demo reel if i want to get a job in the industry...

that's good advice for grouping the items together...i was thinking of maybe making a compositing/ modeling reel...so i could separate the reel into 2 parts

thanks again for everything!