View Single Post
# 4 26-09-2007 , 08:33 AM
@t1ck135 - yes frame rate is certainly an issue. Realisitcaly you are limited to about 3000 polygons! At this amount you can keep a fairly decent framerate (+24fps) once you increase beyond that you can start to chug. In this example i try and monitor FPS and switch effects on and off (such as reflection) as need be.

However these limitations can be inspiring, and i think good modelers who are familiar with the old skool modeling techniques of playstation one era can still produce stunning results.

Yes, its all real time, in the moon animation sequence I use a tool called tweener (https://code.google.com/p/tweener/ ) to control the motions. With this i can do something like:

Code:
Tweener.addTween(myGroup, {transition:"linear",z:20000 ,delay:0,time:30,onComplete:tweened});
Which animates a group called 'myGroup' by tweening the 'z' property to a value of 20000 over 30 seconds. Very simple really, and the level of control you have is great.

@DjBLAZER - theft of anything once it gets on the web is always problematic. Really its an issue without a solution - other than the moral one.

Java is faster, and shockwave can be used also - in fact shockwave gives you a method to use 3d hardware - flash is a pure software solution. The great advantage with flash is as i say, the 99% penetration of the plug in.

Its only really with the new flash 9 plugin that stuff is really possible, as it gives about a 10* speed increase over v8.