View Single Post
# 1 30-12-2002 , 12:52 AM
Subscriber

How do u secure ur 3D work online?

Hi,

I have a HUGE dillema...I have to hand in my 3D project to my instructor who wants to have everyone view it online...

However, I have spend months on it...and I don't find it fair that students and organizations be able to download it for free and claim it as their own...

1) What is the best way to display it online for people to look at months of hard work and not have sleazy people download it and claim it as their own nor use it for their own projects?

I have heard about streaming it as a quicktime movie...however, if the person knows what they are doing....they can still download it. I don't want that to happen.

2) And one of the formats, my instructor wants is to convert the final into an object format. Does that mean people can download the actual 3D model as well by doing that?

3) Originally, my instructor have this idea to combine my project and another student's project and sell them for commercial use. The profits and credits will go to him of course while the students only get college credits (skanky guy).

What is the best way to permanently put (corrupt) a tatoo or tatoos on the model with my name on it and not have him edit it out?

4) Does anyone know much about ViewPoint? I have used it once...it is like QTVR or VRML, but the file is size is alot smaller than QTVR or VRML. You can rotate it....I don't mind displaying my project like that. I just don't want people to download it.

Hope you guys understand what I am trying to say...

Please let me know of any solutions...Thanks.