Thread: Final Project
View Single Post
# 76 22-10-2007 , 11:50 PM
ah, I get you user added image
It would be quite straightforward to add an inner lane changing method - effectively the reverse look to what the outer lane check is doing. It might affect the real time performance a little but it is definitely worth trying user added image

The bunching is currently based on the (hardcoded) speed of the particle at the front of each lane so it might not actually happen in a simulation. When the curve is created (using 'chord length' then this gives an overall length which the calculations use. If the default curve setting 'uniform' is used the it sets the length of the curve as 0 to 1 (instead of say 0 to 46.5 units) and this makes the vehicles speed up and slow down based on the distance between points. Once its all working I'll experiment with the uniform option so that effect becomes part of the system.

I was toying about with the requirement for some vehicles to want to leave the road at certain exits. This would be pretty similar to the opposite lane changing by adding a random 'get off at the next exit' variable. If 'on' then it keeps checking the distance to the exit and keep attempting to move to the inner lanes till it gets there, even if it started out as an outer lane speed maniac user added image

Si

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net