View Single Post
# 9 26-11-2007 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber
Ok thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind in the future. Well for now I'm ploughing ahead with the texturing as I need to learn how to do this as well. It may just mean I'll need to redo the skinning later on, not to worry though.

This is the first time I've been inside the UV texture editor, so its taken me a little while to lay out the UVs for half the body and head - probably the most complicated parts of this model. As always, an image best describes whats going wrong.....

user added image

I've assigned the same chequered material to the head and the body, so I don't understand why the pattern is so much larger on the body than it is on the head. I did my best to try and keep the UVs roughly in proportion to the actual model, so I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Any ideas? Is there something in the settings of the chequered material that I need to change?

I realise the title of this thread doesn't really apply to what I'm doing now, but none of this seems worthy of creating a new one. Thanks for any help!