View Single Post
# 1 30-11-2007 , 02:34 AM

Glass with liquid

some time ago I started to experiment with glass and liquid materials, since a designing friend of mine will need some clean renderings next year.

the trickiest thing besides creating a convincing shader is the studio light setup with backdrops and all IMO. to create realistic reflections isn´t that easy...

I first tried with mentalRay but must tell I find it rather hard to get it right there. first darker renderings are from a 3dsmax scene somewhere from the internet. I stole the model (it was a free one XD ) and did set up a shader network for mentalray.

after I wasn´t too happy about mr - especially about different peoples different opinions on the IOR/gemetry-context I modeled my own wine glass and tried maxwell render

maxwell rox! (with the magic render button...)

those renderings came out after 1 day of testing. I know, I still have a long way to go until perfection (photorealism is the goal).

In case you people have ideas about studio light setups for reflections or lighting in general - don´t hasitate to let me know. also any imput how to improve will make me happy user added image

also feel free if interested to post any pictures yourself in this thread

-> mr renderings

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.