View Single Post
# 1 02-01-2008 , 09:48 AM
Subscriber

Oh noes, i crashed my Ferrari!

Hello everyone!

First of all let me say thanks to the great ferrari 360 tutorial that helped me a great deal with a school-project i am currently working on! (Studying 3d-visualization in Sweden).

The project was to create a car (which ever you wanted) and make it brand new, like it just had rolled out of the factory (again thanks for the great tutorial!).

That was part 1 and you can see the result here:
user added image

The 2nd part of the project was to make it look like car had either crashed in some way (to practice modelling) or to make it look abandoned and deserted were things like weather and time would be the major damage dealers (to practise textureing).

I decided to crash my 360 (cause i think modelling is funnier to do user added image).

Anyways this is how it turned out:
user added image

I wanted to make it look like the driver went straight into a lightpole or a sharp edge of a building at a slow velocity. And i am quite happy with how it turned out user added image

But to further practise textureing (which i am not good at) i decided to make the car abandoned, like someone had crashed it and thrown it into a lake and left it there for some time. So here is the result of that:
user added image

I am a really big "noob" when it comes to Photoshop as you probably can tell user added image

Anyways i wanted to show you these (the crashed/rusted ones) and i would love some feedback on what you guys and gals think! user added image