View Single Post
# 11 28-01-2008 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
Adelaide my friend.., but you are in luck. the other day i was looking at a 3D world mag in the news agent (dont buy them anymore, cant afford it and whats the point, its mainly Max and Cinema 4.., the industry news is worth a look) and it seems the only truly world wide accredited animation institution in Australia (according to 3D world) is in Melbourne. I had never heard of the place. you might know of it (sorry i forget the name), if not you might find some hide or hair of it ion the 3D world site?? the mag was only say.., two, three issues ago. Google it??

nothing like some real guidance. the course im doing is 2 years.., the teacher is a friend of mine (we have worked together before) and taught most of the guys in the more successful CGI production houses in Adelaide (and the world, China had been coming here a lot). im pretty excited, i know how you feel.., sometimes one just knows they have reached a point of critical mass!!

Muser added image

Im doing TAFE, 'advanced dip if CGI and VFX' .., maybe TAFE has that in Melbourne too?? but it's the teachers that count.., i figured that in uni user added image some were less than hopeless.., actually taught bad habits.., like shooting SD with a HD cam (its OK but certainly limits what can be done, eh?!.., not good teaching method, but it gets worse with the teacher stories, horror stories.., long stories as usual)

if you are thinking of moving here you best enroll quick.., only a limited number of places and orientation starts next week

take it easy and life will be easy