View Single Post
# 17 28-02-2008 , 10:38 AM
Senior Software Developer
Thx for the comments, its quite quick to model the dam thx to the great reference images...

I am or was working on the Dynamics and how best to get the implosion from the Meteor and then explosion from the water escaping. I have a rough idea and I will go forward with it once I get a semi decent rig running to support my indevours.

On sadder news, I had 2 machines, the first: 2 x 2.8Ghz Xeon and 3Gb Ram died about 1 month ago and I have had to switch to the back up PC: 1 x 2.6Ghz P4 with 1Gb RAM, and Maya is a joke (maya 7); it runs like crude oil down a slight gradient. Now that one is playing up and is powering off, with what I think is an overheating issue.

Good News is I have £600 coming to allow me, by Tue or Wed, to get new components so I should be up and running on a more stable PC soon. Estimated Friday March 7th.

I am hoping it will be a:

Athlon 64 x2 6400+ with 4Gb Ram

I already have the ram, so whoopeee. Oh, even tho it's a 64bit processor, I am staying at 32, before somrone asks :p

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

Last edited by R@nSiD; 28-02-2008 at 10:42 AM.