Thread: My showreel
View Single Post
# 7 04-03-2008 , 04:05 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hey Mat,

Looks absolutely great there mate, glad you finished the death; nell movie.
Good overall story, modeling and animation, there was one minor thing i personally would have liked better and that is that when the bug hits the window the camera stays in the same position for a while and death moves in looking at the dead bug while scrabbling in his notebook, but that's just personal taste.

Regarding your showreel;
- the intro starts off fine with a camera rotating around your name, but then it sort off jumps to the right and up, i personally didn't like that very much, i think it would be a lot better that you would zoom in and let your name dissolve or something like that, or just fade to black(simple is best mostly).
- It isn't entirely clear which job you want, your reel looks like that one off a studio or freelancer not as someone who wants a job in a specific area; modeler, animator, vfx artist etc.
If you have enough material for al of those area's i would make three separate reels.

And i wouldn't worry much about that they are asking people with titles under their belt, this is mostly to scare off people who don't believe they are cut out be in that position or just the ones with crappy reels, so once you refined your reel(s), i think it's save for you to apply for those jobs.....

Best regards,

Martin